2021 AD EX Annual Report
Shaping Environments. Building Community.
2021 was an incredible year full of reinvention, as we embraced a hybrid programming model with a phased return to in-person offerings. Our staff and leadership team are proud to have not only maintained continuity during these uncertain times, but established growth and development of funding, increasing our capacity for action and programming.
In the Foundation’s first-ever annual report, we will share highlights of 2021, which include:
- $54,000 in scholarship and fellowship awards, an increase of $39,000 from previous years!
- K-12 Camp series expansion; a spring workshop and the first-ever in-person AD EX summer day camps!
- Accessible Design Awareness exhibition kicking off a full series of public exhibitions, with many translated to Spanish.
- Greg Brown Memorial Discover Your City Endowment Fund in support of an annual series of programs that honor the late Program Director of the AD EX, creator of many of our most beloved tours, programs, and lectures.
- Inaugural Impact Dallas Gala, which drew over 400 attendees and raised over $170,000, allowing the Foundation to establish a community grant program!
We look forward to 2022 as we strive to become a catalyst for increasing public awareness about how design impacts our lives. We offer you our sincere thanks for your support and engagement and hope to see you at the AD EX soon.
An excerpt of our 2021 Annual Report is below. Click the link below to view and download the full report!