2022 AD EX Annual Report
Shaping Environments. Building Community.
The Architecture and Design Foundation had another successful year of meaningful growth and engagement. We are proud of being recognized as a finalist on D CEO’s Nonprofit and Corporate Citizenship Awards 2022 for the Organization of the Year (Small) Award. Our programs bring together diverse stakeholders joined by one common interest—showcasing the value and impact of architecture and design at every level and every scale in our communities. The Foundation focuses on building awareness of what architecture is and what it offers, cultivates partnerships to increase its impact, and fosters appreciation of architecture and design through education. Highlights of 2022 include:
- The 12th edition of the Form Follows Fitness 5k featuring a new medal series celebrating the Greg Brown Memorial Discover Your City Series.
- The 2nd Annual Impact Dallas Gala recognizing the transformative work of Parks for Downtown Dallas with the 2022 Community Cornerstone Award.
- Hosting 136 public programs, tours, events, and lectures, including 38 free programs.
- $69,375 awarded in scholarships, fellowships, and grants making careers in architecture more accessible.
- 3rd annual K-12 Camp series, a revived partnership with the Nasher Sculpture Center’s high school workshop, launch of the Sketch to Success instructional series, and a reboot of the popular Appetite for Architecture program.
- Year-round schedule of exhibitions and experiences through partnerships with 32 organizations, featuring the work of women in architecture through Say It Loud(er), a celebration of DISD’s CityLab High School’s first 5 years, UTA College of Architecture and Public Affairs student work exploring affordability and density in residential design, and more.
The Architecture and Design Foundation prides itself in being the only organization of its kind in North Texas, offering meaningful dialogue, paths to educational attainment, and everyday celebration exploring how design improves and impacts our daily lives. We could not do it without you – and offer our sincere thanks for your support and engagement.