The Art of Architecture
Middle School and High School Juried Art Competition
The art of designing buildings requires us to visualize three-dimensional spaces and creatively convey that perception to the viewer. The Art of Architecture juried art competition and exhibition encourages students to study these visual aspects of architecture and express their observations creatively.
Artworks, along with entry forms, must be received before 3:00 p.m. on Friday, March 31, 2023 at AD EX, the Architecture and Design Exchange, 325 N. St. Paul St. Suite 150 (corner of St. Paul and Pacific), Dallas, TX 75201
All pieces must depict architecture in some manner. The artwork may be representational or abstract and may focus on architectural details, entire buildings, or urban settings. Subject matter may include interior as well as exterior architecture.
Artwork must be submitted in one of the following categories:
- Mixed Media
- It is free to enter.
- Each student may enter a maximum of three pieces. (We encourage teachers to submit all of their students’ entries at one time.)
- One entry form must per entry must be taped to the back of two-dimensional pieces and attached by an appropriate method to sculptural pieces.
- Two-dimensional pieces should be no larger than 48″ x 48″
- One Best of Show Prize of $100 per division will be awarded.
- One Honor Prize Winner will be selected from each division for each medium. Honor Prize Winners will receive a cash award of $50 each.
- One Citation Winner will also be selected in each division from each medium.
Winning artworks will be on display at AD EX from April 24 – May 8, 2023. Winners will be honored at the AD EX Scholarship & Awards Brunch on May 6, 2023.
Please contact us with any questions at info@DallasADEX.org or 214.880.1550