AIA Dallas, the AD EX, and NOMA are very excited to collaborate on a four-month series of on location meetups to
AIA Dallas, the AD EX, and NOMA are very excited to collaborate on a four-month series of on location meetups to sketch and learn about the diverse cultural history of Dallas. This family-friendly event is perfect for every level of experience, from beginners to experts. Join us every fourth Saturday at various landmarks around the city.
This event will be located outdoors and will follow the health and safety guidelines recommended by the CDC (masks and maintaining a distance of 6 feet between households). Virtual options to participate will be available.
Suggested materials to bring with you to this event include:
- sketch book
- pencil, pen or your preferred drawing utensil
- folding chair or blanket (optional)
Save the date for the last meet-up in this series: June 19th!
- March: Women’s History Month (Virginia Savage McAlester Residence)
- April: Environmental Justice (Trinity River Audubon Center)
- May: Hispanic Heritage (Anita Martinez Recreation Center)
- June: Juneteenth (Eloise Lundy Recreation Center)
Check out “Sketching to See” on the AIA Dallas blog and learn how sketching our built environment can help us recognize the incredible contributions that have been made by communities of color to our city.
(Saturday) 10:00 am - 12:00 pm