The Art of Architecture
Middle School and High School Juried Art Competition
The study of architecture is a study in the cultural heritage of society. The art of designing buildings requires us to visualize three-dimensional spaces and creatively convey that perception to the viewer. The Art of Architecture juried art competition and exhibition encourages students to study these visual aspects of architecture and express their observations creatively.
NEW 2020 DEADLINE:
Artworks and completed entry forms must be submitted digitally by 5:00 p.m. on Thursday, April 30.
All pieces must depict architecture in some manner. The artwork may be representational or abstract and may focus on architectural details, entire buildings or urban settings. Subject matter may include interior as well as exterior architecture.
Artwork must be submitted in one of the following categories:
- Mixed Media
- It is free to enter
- Each student may enter a maximum of three pieces
- Due to COVID-19, Art of Architecture is requesting art to be submitted digitally for the 2020 competition. Please submit high resolution scans or photographs of the artworks.
- Artworks and entry forms must be received ONLINE HERE before 5:00 p.m. on April 30, 2020
- One Best of Show Prize of $100 per division will be awarded.
- One Honor Prize Winner will be selected from each Division for each medium. Honor Prize Winners will receive a cash award of $50 each.
- One Citation winner will also be selected in each Division from each medium.
- NEW THIS YEAR: One People’s Choice Award from each Division will be awarded.
All submitted works will be exhibited in a digital gallery, with online voting for People’s Choice.